How to Get the Most Out of Your Heating System
Consumers spend about half of the energy costs on heating and cooling their homes. Because of that, Southport Heating, Cooling, & Geothermal wants to ensure our valued customers have all the tools and information necessary to maximize the energy usage dollars to get the most comfortable home environment possible.
For optimal comfort and to get the most from your heating budget:
- Have your current heating system tuned-up annually to be sure it’s running properly and efficiently.
- Hire a professional to regularly clean your unit and duct system to ensure optimal operation and proper airflow.
- Check and change your air filter regularly, usually once a month.
- Install a programmable thermostat to regulate room temperatures according to use; set temperatures at the lowest level comfortable.
- Maximize use of sunlight during the colder months of winter by opening draperies on south-facing windows.
- Use exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms intelligently by turning them off when no longer needed.
- If you’re considering replacing your heating system, install a high-efficiency, energy saving unit. Keep in mind that choosing the right equipment is only the first step in maximizing your efficiency. Proper sizing and installation have a big impact on the overall performance of your equipment.
There are many options when choosing the most comfortable heating and cooling system that will save valuable energy and financial resources. Southport Heating, Plumbing, & Geothermal has the professional staff you need to assist you in making the wisest decision for your heating needs and we have the experience needed to ensure your system is sized and installed correctly to maximize your comfort and efficiency.
Southport employs the highest trained, professional technicians to assist you in determining your current energy needs and recommend ways to save. We want to help you save the most comfortable and efficient home or business and are available throughout the Racine and Kenosha areas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call our office or click here to schedule an appointment today!