High-Efficiency Air Filters for Your Home
If you’re looking for the best air filters on the market, you can’t go wrong with a HEPA standard filter. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air, and in order for a filter to meet HEPA standards, they need to remove at least 99.95% of particulates in the air. HEPA filters are usually a fiber mat, typically composed of fiberglass. Key factors affecting its functions are fiber diameter, filter thickness, and face velocity. HEPA filters are designed to target small pollutants and particles, which can exacerbate problems like allergies, asthma, and breathing issues.
Proper filtration is key to improving your indoor air quality, and the experts at Southport Heating can install a high-quality HEPA filter in your home for the lowest possible price. There are models available that use ‘capture and kill’ technology that is unforgiving when it comes to airborne pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, and mold. Contact us today to install a new HEPA filter in you home.
Sources of Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Airborne particles, like dust or pollen. This is the most common source of poor indoor air quality, and can unfortunately cause a lot of problems for people prone to allergies or asthma. HEPA filters get rid of over 99% of particulates in the air, allowing you to breathe easier and live healthier.
- Biological contaminants, like mold spores and bacteria. Homes in humid areas are prone to mold and bacteria growth, leading to poor air quality and even health concerns. Getting a HEPA filter installed in your home can eliminate the risk of getting sick through mold spores in the air.
- Gases and odors, such as CO and radon. Bad smells in your home can indicate many different problems, poor air quality being one of them. Getting a new HEPA filter can eliminate bad gases and odors commonly found in the home.
Southport Home Services can repair, install, and maintain your HVAC system so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling your whole house. Whether you just needed to change the temperature in one room or your entire house, Southport is here to help. Indoor air quality systems from Southport Heating helps you save money, energy, and the environment.
We perform indoor air quality checks and equipment installation for homes all over southeast Wisconsin. Our team of professionals are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact Southport for:
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Milwaukee
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Waukesha
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Caledonia
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Franklin
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Racine
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Kenosha
- Indoor Air Quality Services in New Berlin
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Oak Creek
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Pleasant Prairie
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Hales Corners
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Mount Pleasant
- Indoor Air Quality Services in West Allis
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Brookfield
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Menomonee Falls
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Glendale
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Sturtevant
What is Indoor Air Quality Testing?
Southport offers indoor air quality testing services for homes throughout southeast Wisconsin. When our technicians come to your home for a plumbing or HVAC repair, they’ll assess the air quality of your home and make a recommendation for a humidifier, dehumidifier, air purifier, HEPA filter, or electronic air cleaner.
Contact Southport Home Services today to learn more about our indoor air quality testing and evaluations!
Some of the indicators of bad indoor air quality include:
- Damp basement
- Warm, stuffy air
- Allergies acting up
- Pet owner