Whole House Humidifiers
How to Improve Dry Air in Your Home
Dry air is something that no one wants to live with. Not only does it cause sinus problems, increase congestion, dry out your skin and give you chapped lips, but dry air is terrible for people with asthma and allergies. Dust and allergens circulate more in dry environments, and even viruses and bacteria can live longer in the air, making you sick.
What’s the solution? Whole house humidifiers.
A small room humidifier can only help so much – a whole house humidifier is what you need to improve the air quality in your home.
How do Whole House Humidifiers Work?
With a whole house humidifier, the air circulating through your house is diverted into the humidifier and through a water pad. The water pad is moistened with water from a pipe hooked directly to your water pipes. As air is drawn through, it evaporates the water and the vapor gets blown out through your air ducts, evenly distributed into every room in your house. Whole house humidifiers do need to be refilled, though not as often as room humidifiers since they’re larger and can carry more water.
Benefits of a Whole House Humidifier
Preserves Wood Floors and Cabinets
Southport Home Services can repair, install, and maintain your HVAC system so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling your whole house. Whether you just needed to change the temperature in one room or your entire house, Southport is here to help. Indoor air quality systems from Southport Heating helps you save money, energy, and the environment.
We perform indoor air quality checks and equipment installation for homes all over southeast Wisconsin. Our team of professionals are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact Southport for:
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Milwaukee
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Waukesha
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Caledonia
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Franklin
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Racine
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Kenosha
- Indoor Air Quality Services in New Berlin
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Oak Creek
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Pleasant Prairie
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Hales Corners
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Mount Pleasant
- Indoor Air Quality Services in West Allis
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Brookfield
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Menomonee Falls
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Glendale
- Indoor Air Quality Services in Sturtevant
What is Indoor Air Quality Testing?
Southport offers indoor air quality testing services for homes throughout southeast Wisconsin. When our technicians come to your home for a plumbing or HVAC repair, they’ll assess the air quality of your home and make a recommendation for a humidifier, dehumidifier, air purifier, HEPA filter, or electronic air cleaner.
Contact Southport Home Services today to learn more about our indoor air quality testing and evaluations!
Some of the indicators of bad indoor air quality include:
- Damp basement
- Warm, stuffy air
- Allergies acting up
- Pet owner