How To: Select A Contractor
Selecting a Heating, Air Conditioning, or Plumbing Contractor
Selecting the right heating, air conditioning or plumbing contractor can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of companies in the Racine and Kenosha area to choose from, the key to choosing the right one is information. Following are some tips to help you choose the contractor that’s right for you:
- Check the Better Business Bureau to see if the contractor is a member and find out their rating. Ask friends and neighbors for referrals.
- Check with local and state licensing and protections agencies.
- Ask the contractor for customer references and be sure to call them.
- Document your specific problems and the model of your current system for the potential contractor.
- Anticipate a potential contractor to complete a thorough evaluation of your current system.
- Ask if a potential contractor has any special offers or promotions to save you money.
- Enquire if financing options are available.
- Make sure the estimate is complete and in writing.
- Compare not only cost but also efficiency and warranties to ensure the overall best deal.
- Sign a written agreement regarding work to be completed, type of equipment included, job schedule, payment expectations and
- For more information, check the Energy Star Guide.