Warrantied Boiler Repair in Wisconsin
What's Wrong with My Boiler?
Older homes in certain parts of Southeast Wisconsin often use a boiler instead of a furnace. While furnaces work by pumping warm air into your home, boilers work by pumping warm water through a component that radiates heat. Older boilers may be prone to minor faults, and while some can be fixed by hand, others require professional help.
That’s where we come in. Southport Home Services offers boiler repair in Wisconsin to take care of a range of issues. We will do our best to diagnose your problem quickly, and get your boiler up and working again ASAP. As certified Carrier dealers, we can perform warrantied service for a range of top makes and models. And if you do need boiler replacement, we can deliver you a new, energy-efficient system from Carrier and a range of other industry-leading brands. Call us today for Southeast Wisconsin boiler repair backed up by a 100% satisfaction guarantee—if you are not happy with your service, you will get your money back!
If there is a problem with your boiler, contact us now at (262) 383-4040.
Common Boiler Problems
The truth is that there are a number of problems that affect your boiler, especially if you have an older model. However, the truth is also that Southport Home Services offers comprehensive diagnoses and repairs to get your boiler working again STAT! Our technicians are prescreened and drug-tested for your comfort, and we promise to always provide clean-up service before we leave, so your home looks just as beautiful as it did when we arrived!
Common questions about boilers include:
- Why is My Boiler Making Noise? Is the old boiler in your Kenosha basement keeping you up at night with incessant knocking and shaking? The pipes in your radiant heating system and heat exchanger are likely caked with limescale build-up, or air is trapped in the system. You can bleed your system on your own, but you will likely need professional help to reset the pressure and properly assess the status of your heat exchanger. Call us today, and one of our NATE-certified technicians will get to the bottom of the issue.
- Why is My Boiler Leaking? If water is leaking from inside your boiler, a broken internal component is the likely culprit. This could be anything from a damaged valve to an old seal. A leaky boiler should be fixed immediately, as leaking water could damage electrical components and cause rust to form inside the unit. Fortunately, our licensed and insured experts at Southport are always available to provide the emergency boiler repair you need.
- Why is My Pilot Light Yellow? Your boiler relies on a small flame called a pilot light to provide heat. The light should burn a nice shade of blue. If you notice the pilot light is yellow, you should contact a technician ASAP. A yellow flame means your pilot light is not burning gas properly, and might be letting in dangerous carbon monoxide. Shut off the gas and call one of our highly trained service technicians immediately if this is happening in your home.
Reasons Your Boiler Keeps Shutting Off
If your boiler keeps shutting off, there could be a number of issues at play. Some of them can be fixed at home without any tools, but in many cases, you may need a new part installed by a professional boiler technician. The good news is that Southport Home Services is equipped with the latest technology and equipment on the market, so if your boiler keeps cycling on and off, there’s likely something in one of our 80 fully-stocked service vehicles that can fix it.
Reasons your boiler may not be working include:
- No Fuel: Your boiler uses natural gas to heat water that in turn heats your home. If the gas feed in your boiler has been bumped shut, it might be restricting the flow of fuel to the unit.
- Faulty Thermostat: Your boiler relies on your thermostat to set the proper temperature and improve efficiency. A faulty thermostat might give the boiler the wrong temperature, “tricking” it into shutting off. A service technician can install a new thermostat and fix the problem. Failures like this can be avoided with scheduled maintenance from Southport Home Services.
- No Water: Your boiler needs a supply of fresh water to heat your home. Ensure water is flowing to your boiler by checking the valve on the pipe. If this doesn’t fix the problem, a frozen pipe might be to blame. You can thaw the pipe by wrapping it in warm rags.
- Air in the System: Too much air in the system will cause your boiler to shut down. If you have baseboard or fin tube radiators, you can bleed them of air in an attempt to reestablish pressure in your boiler.
- Frozen Condensate Pipe: Boilers use a condensate pipe to vent evaporated water out of the system and into the outside air. If temperatures drop below freezing (a fairly common event in Wisconsin,) the residual water in the condensate pipe could freeze. As a safety feature, your boiler will automatically shut down if it can’t vent air. You can solve this by pouring warm (not boiling) water down the pipe in an attempt to melt the ice.
- Broken Pump: Boilers use a pump to circulate water into the system and throughout your home. Your boiler will shut off if it cannot move enough water through the system. The pump can be replaced by a skilled service technician.
- Faulty Pilot Light: Your boiler’s pilot light uses a thermocouple to ignite. The thermocouple can break after years of repeated use. This part can be replaced by hand, but requires some wiring.
24 Hour Boiler Repair in Wisconsin
Winter in Wisconsin means one thing: cold - biting cold that stings your face, frosts your windows and threatens your comfort. But at least you have a powerful boiler to rely on, right? If your boiler is making noise, keeps shutting off, is leaking, or is just plain broken and you don't know why, you can turn to our boiler repair experts at Southport Home Services. We offer special deals and quality financing options to help you save money, and we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for professional, warrantied boiler repair in Wisconsin. Call now, and our heating technicians will get your boiler up and running again before you know it.
NO After-Hour Charges
Emergencies happen. Don't worry about after-hour charges ever again.Sign me Up!
Maximize Equipment Efficiency
It's simple. Well-tuned equipment work better!I need That
Make your home comfort equipment live longer with regular maintenance.Not Convinced?
15% Discount on All Repairs
Who doesn't love a good discount?I'm Sold!