SUMP PUMP SERVICE IN WISCONSIN
Plumbing Contractors Offering Professional Sump Pump Services
Spring in Wisconsin. The snow is melting, the rain is pouring, road construction workers are ending their winter hibernation and orange barrels are starting to bloom. The ground becomes saturated with water as snow melts and rain falls. But if you don't have the right sump pump protecting your home, all that water can flood into your basement. Even a few inches of water can damage dry wall, carpeting, wood floors, furniture and anything else you might have down below your house. That water can also cause serious damage to your foundation, threatening the stability of your home.
Here at Southport Home Services, our experienced plumbers offer sump pump service in Wisconsin for houses big and small. We back up all our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and our experts are on call 24/7 to help with all your sump pump issues. Prevent property damage and keep your basement in great shape by hiring Southport for sump pump repair and maintenance before it’s too late.
Wondering if your sump pump is in need of a repair? Call (262) 383-4040 now to find out.
What is a Sump Pump?
A sump is a made of a pit or hollow in which liquid collects, and a part that pushes water out through a drain to the city sewer system. The sump, aka sump pit, should be located at the lowest part of your home to allow it to work with gravity for water collection. Modern sump pumps activate automatically when a float arm or sensor reaches a certain height or pressure, and starts pushing the water out.
Do I Need a Sump Pump?
For most Wisconsin homeowners, the answer to the above question is yes. Up to 95% of homes with basements experience water problems at some point, and water doesn’t discriminate between whether your basement is finished or just used for storage. Finished and unfinished basements alike—and the items in both—can be destroyed by as little as one inch of water when flooding occurs.
Common items lost in unfinished basement flooding include:
- Kids’ memorable school items
- In-progress crafts/projects
- Holiday decorations
- Seasonal equipment
Common items lost in finished basement flooding include:
- Entertainment systems
Sump Pump Repair in Wisconsin
The cost of a broken sump pump can be devastating if the waters start to rise from a heavy downpour. Don't risk it. If your sump pump is having problems, Southport's professional plumbers will get it running again in no time. We offer 24-hour emergency sump pump repair, because disasters rarely happen at a convenient time. Our Wisconsin sump pump repair experts are always on-call, and will come in one of our 80 fully-equipped trucks to get the job done on the spot. If it's pouring, if snow is melting, if water is seeping into your basement, you can always trust Southport to fix your sump pump.
We use premium sump pump parts to fix:
- Sump pump float switches
- Sump pump discharge pipes
- Sump pump lines
- Sump pump diaphragm switches
- Sump pump check valves
Southport Offers Standard, Deluxe & Premier Sump Pump Systems for Wisconsin Homes
If you don’t know what type of sump pump system you’re looking for, don’t be ashamed. You deserve to have all of your Wisconsin sump pump needs taken care of by Southport’s plumbing professionals. Our goal is to give you the peace of mind, so you know your basement is safe from flooding all year-round!
Pro Series sump pumps we offer for Southeast Wisconsin area homes include:
- PHCC Pro Series S1033
- PHCC Pro Series S2033
- PHCC Pro Series S3033
Warning Signs of a Failing Sump Pump
During spring when the snow starts to melt, it seems to rain every other day. These are the times when the sweet sound of a running sump pumps will fill the air. A properly running sump pump will keep water away from your foundation and keep your basement dry. However, an old or malfunctioning sump pump can fail suddenly, leaving you with a swamp in your basement. Consider calling Southport for Wisconsin sump pump maintenance to prevent this from happening—remember, when it comes to your sump pump, safe is always better than sorry.
The top three signs your sump pump may be failing are:
- Your Sump Pump is Old - If you know your sump pump is old, it might be worth replacing it now. And if you have no idea how old your sump pump is, it's time for sump pump maintenance. At Southport, our plumbers can easily identify an old sump pump, and make the right recommendations for either repair or replacement to keep your home safe
- Your Sump Pump Runs All the Time - If your sump pump runs all the time, it could mean it is struggling to remove enough water, forcing it to work overtime. Your sump pump might also run for long periods of time during a particularly wet week. It’s also possible that your home’s foundation is below the water table, forcing your sump pump to run constantly. Regardless, you can trust our honest plumbing technicians at Southport to analyze your sump pump’s conditioning, and determine whether it can be saved or not.
- Your Sump Pump Doesn't Run at All - If your sump pump doesn't run at all, it might be clogged, broken, or damaged in some other way. It's also possible it doesn't run because the drainage around your home is particularly good and it just doesn't need to run. Because of all these possibilities, you might as well call Southport for sump pump maintenance if you find this is happening on your property.
Recommended Reading: How to Troubleshoot Your Sump Pump
How to Prevent Sump Pump Failure
The tricky thing about failing sump pumps is that they hardly have any warning signs. One morning you leave for work, and then come back that night to a flooded basement. The point is, you might not know whether your sump pump is operating correctly until it is too late. So how do you to prevent sump pump failure?
To ensure your sump pump doesn’t fail, you can:
- Get a professional plumber to assess your sump pump: Southport's plumbers can look at your pump and determine if it needs repair or if it's functional. Usually, calling a technician to look at your sump pump before or after each spring works well.
- Install a battery backup: Most sump pumps rely on power from your home. If power goes out during a particularly bad rain storm, your sump pump won’t be able to keep your basement dry. However, by installing a battery backup, you will be able to provide your sump pump with an extra power source to keep it running even through a power outage.
- Schedule annual maintenance: Members of our Southport Club have access to annual maintenance, not to mention special discounts and priority service. Sign up today, and one of our highly trained plumbers will visit every year to inspect your sump pump and ensure it is running correctly.
Once you have had your sump pump checked out and/or had a battery back-up installed, you'll enjoy more peace of mind knowing your basement is completely protected. Trust us, calling for sump pump maintenance now is a far better option than trying to guess how your pump is working based on when it runs, or cleaning up expensive water damage later because you decided to assume everything was fine.
Recommended Reading: My Basement Just Flooded, Now What Should I Do?
Southport Offers Sump Pump Services All Over Southeast Wisconsin
At Southport Home Services, we are proud to operate in a wide range of service areas, so we can bring our quality plumbing services to as many customers as possible. Whether you are looking to repair, replace, or just tune-up your sump pump, you can count on our licensed and insured plumbing technicians to get the job done. Our team is fully prescreened and background-checked, so you can always feel at ease when Southport knocks on your door. And with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you already know we have what it takes to provide outstanding service, no matter how big or small the problem is. Call today for a free estimate, and don’t forget to ask about our money-saving specials and affordable financing options.
Emergencies happen. Don't worry about after-hour charges ever again.Sign me Up!
Maximize Equipment Efficiency
It's simple. Well-maintained equipment works better!I need That
Make your home comfort equipment last longer with regular maintenance.Not Convinced?
15% Discount on All Repairs
Who doesn't love a good discount?I'm Sold!