Annual Furnace Maintenance in Wisconsin
Why Your Furnace Needs a Maintenance Check
As the saying goes, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” However, Southport Home Services would like to amend that to, “If you want to keep it, maintain it.” Regular furnace maintenance is the secret to enjoying an efficient, reliable furnace that provides warmth and comfort for your home. That’s why we offer professional furnace maintenance in Wisconsin for residential and commercial properties. Our skilled heating technicians provide annual tune-ups and maintenance checks designed to keep your furnace running for as long as possible, ultimately saving you money on repair and replacement costs in the long run. Call today for more information on what furnace maintenance can do for you, and find out why customers across Southeast Wisconsin love Southport Home Services.
Our heating maintenance technicians are available by phone at (262) 383-4040.
Reasons to Get Furnace Maintenance
Many homeowners see furnace maintenance as an unnecessary expense—one more service designed to get them to spend as much as possible. However, this actually couldn’t be further from the truth. Furnace maintenance helps ensure you don’t unnecessarily lose money later on. That’s why our honest technicians at Southport offer maintenance services for all major makes and models of furnaces. If you haven’t had your furnace checked in awhile, contact Southport Home Services ASAP, and make sure your equipment is in good shape for when the winter rolls around.
The top reasons to call for furnace maintenance include:
- More efficiency: Checking components like the heat exchanger, combustion chamber and ducts prevents your system from losing heat and energy, and allows your furnace to remain in good condition for as long as possible.
- Greater savings: Better performance and lower costs go hand in hand. Spending a little for regular maintenance can keep expensive emergency repairs or replacements at bay. In fact, well-maintained furnace can help you save as much as 30% on heating costs.
- Increased safety: An annual maintenance check can prevent gas and carbon monoxide leaks in your furnace. Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, making it hard to detect. High enough levels can lead to unconsciousness, brain damage, and death, while even low levels of carbon monoxide can cause loss of balance, vision problems, and memory issues. If you ever suspect that your furnace has a leak, call a professional HVAC technician immediately.
- Added comfort: Winters where you don’t get sufficient heat because of a failed furnace can make you wonder if living in Wisconsin is still worth it. Furnace maintenance, on the other hand, helps you get the most out of your unit and keeps you feeling toasty during those polar vortexes—so you always remember the many great things about living here!
- Better warranty qualification: Failing to maintain your furnace regularly (or be able to show proof of regular maintenance) can void your warranty. You don’t want to gamble with that! In fact, you’re better off if you don’t need to use your warranty at all. Southport’s technicians check the essential parts of your furnace to prevent large repairs in the future, ensuring your warranty remains intact and your furnace remains operational.
What is Checked During Annual Furnace Maintenance?
There is no set industry standard for which components your HVAC technician is required to check. Unfortunately, other companies can take advantage of this and charge you extra for common inspections. Below are just some of the things a good HVAC technician should check, test, and clean to ensure that your furnace is working safely and efficiently.
When you hire Southport for fairly priced furnace maintenance, we will check:
- Gas connections: Gas connections bridge your appliances to the gas supply piping. We check for leaks, installation, faults, and other issues when we look at your gas connections.
- Gas pressure: Proper installation always sets the gas pressure correctly. However, the wrong gas pressure can lead to overheating, insufficient heating, and furnace damage.
- Combustion chamber: The combustion chamber is responsible for creating heat by burning hydrocarbon as fuel, making it one of the most important parts to check during maintenance.
- Heat exchanger: The heat exchanger is a set of tubes or coils that transfer heat from the combustion chamber to the air blowing through your house. A cracked heat exchanger is one of the most common causes for household carbon monoxide poisoning, so it is essential to inspect this component thoroughly.
- Air filter: A dirty air filter can quickly reduce your furnace’s efficiency and lower your house’s indoor air quality.
- Blower wheel: The blower wheel or motor is what blows hot air through your furnace. If the house isn’t heating properly, this furnace part could be the cause.
- Thermostat: Your thermostat needs to be properly calibrated for optimum furnace operation and efficiency.
- Pilot light or electronic ignition: Both the pilot light and electronic ignition system ignite the main burners whenever you turn on the heat. If your furnace won’t turn on, the ignition system could be the issue.
- Pressure switch: The pressure switch is a safety device that ensures the furnace runs only with the correct air pressure.
Join the Southport Club!
Southport Home Services is proud to offer comprehensive furnace checks through our Southport Maintenance Club. In addition to annual tune-ups, membership in the Southport Club also comes with 15% discounts on all repairs, no after-hours fees, and the option to pay following the completely of your service, rather than before. Plus, by joining the Southport Club, you’re always guaranteed priority service, even during peak call times. Keep your furnace at maximum performance year-round, save money on energy bills, and get all the heat you need by signing up for a maintenance plan today!
Why Hire Southport for Furnace Maintenance in Southeast Wisconsin?
Here at Southport Home Services, all of our technicians are fully licensed, insured, trained, and NATE-certified. Our whole team is also prescreened and drug-tested for your peace of mind. And if that wasn’t enough, our work is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee! Call today for furnace maintenance and repair, as well as furnace installation, boiler repair, as well as a range of other HVAC services, and don’t forget to ask about our available specials and financing options.
NO After-Hour Charges
Emergencies happen. Don't worry about after-hour charges ever again.Sign me Up!
Maximize Equipment Efficiency
It's simple. Well-tuned equipment work better!I need That
Make your home comfort equipment live longer with regular maintenance.Not Convinced?
15% Discount on All Repairs
Who doesn't love a good discount?I'm Sold!