Wisconsin Heating Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Offering Residential & Commercial Heating Services
If you’re tired of living in a cold house and want to heat things up, then you’ve come to the right place. Southport Home Services offers Wisconsin heating service at a reasonable price. We provide heating installation, maintenance, and repair for all the top systems on the market, with our available specials and financing options, we make it easy for everyone to afford the services they need. We also back up our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee—if you aren’t satisfied, you don’t pay! Call Southport Home Services today, and hire our experts for climate change on demand™.
24 Hour Residential Heating Service in Wisconsin
Southport Home Services offers 24-hour emergency home heating repairs for homeowners across Southeastern Wisconsin. Our experienced technicians are available to service furnaces, boilers, and more at a moment's notice. Our team also takes the necessary time to go over your options, and help make your decision easier. We promise to be honest with you about whether you need a replacement or a repair, and we always arrive in one of our 80 fully stocked trucks, equipped with the latest tools and technology. And remember, Southport is available for your heating needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
We fix furnace problems including:
- Broken Blower Motor: The motor responsible for blowing air through your furnace might have failed. This part can typically be replaced by a technician in just one day.
- Cracked Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger is essential to the operation of your furnace. Small cracks in the heat exchanger restrict unit performance and can let dangerous gasses like carbon monoxide into your home.
- Faulty Pilot Light: The pilot light for your furnace can fail for any number of reasons. Something simple like a damaged thermocouple can be replaced in just one day, while other problems like clogged gas pipes might need more attention.
- Broken Thermostat: Your furnace needs information from the thermostat to function properly. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause your furnace to provide too much or too little heat to your home, making you uncomfortable and driving up your energy bill.
Residential Heater Installation in Wisconsin
Furnaces operate by heating air and pumping it through the ducts of your home. While propane furnaces are most common in Southeast Wisconsin, your furnace may work by burning oil or even wood pellets. The efficiency of a furnace is rated by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). Most modern furnaces operate between 80 and 95% AFUE, meaning less than 15% of energy is lost on average. Propane and natural gas furnaces are typically more efficient than oil or firewood.
No matter what kind of furnace you’re looking for, our heating technicians at Southport will find the right one for your home We offer great rates on Carrier furnaces, as well as other makes and models, and all installation jobs are completed by Southport HVAC contractors and backed by a comprehensive parts and labor warranty.
However, we don’t just offer furnaces. We also provide great rates on boiler installation. Common in older homes, boilers work by heating water that is pumped through pipes, which then radiate heat throughout your home. These systems are very effective, although their reliability depends somewhat on the variety of pipes used. Boilers typically run on natural gas but can also use oil, and traditionally operate around 56-70% Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). However, new mid and high-efficiency boilers generally operate around 80-83% and 90-98.5% AFUE respectively. Retrofitting older or mid-efficiency boilers with a new heat exchanger can also help improve a unit’s energy-efficiency and fuel consumption. Fortunately, whether you’re need to install a new, energy-efficient boiler or replace parts on an old one, Southport Home Services has got you covered.
Heating Replacement Experts in Southeast Wisconsin
Before we recommend a furnace or boiler brand, Southport will complete a full analysis of your home, involving everything from your lifestyle, to the design of your house and its existing ductwork, to your energy use and comfort concerns. All these factors will be considered before a furnace is recommended, at which time we will ensure your new unit is sized and installed correctly. Keep in mind, installing a furnace isn’t just about finding the newest and biggest model, it’s about finding the system that’s going to fit your needs.
Things to Consider When Replacing Your Furnace:
- Choosing the right model: The furnace you choose impacts your comfort, energy costs, and family for many years to come. There are a lot of different models of furnaces to choose from. It is important to let an expert help you make the best choice for your home, your lifestyle, and your comfort needs.
- Balancing efficiency and power: The most energy efficient furnace on the market might not be the best way to heat your home during Wisconsin’s harsh winters. Consider your household’s requirements, as well as the cost to maintain the heating system and the potential energy savings over the life of your system.
- Making sure you get quality installation: The quality of your installation is the most important part of the equation when replacing your furnace. Proper sizing and installation of your system will have a bigger impact on the longevity and efficiency of your equipment than the brand or the model.
Warrantied Heating Repair & Installation for a Range of Brands
Southport Home Services repairs all popular HVAC brands on the market. No matter how new or old your home's furnace might be, you can count on our team of experienced technicians to get the job done. We are authorized Carrier dealers, meaning we can always provide you with top-of-the-line equipment for one of their heating systems. However, we also offer service for a wide variety of systems, designed to fit a wide variety or budgets.
Call Southport Home Services to get warrantied heater repairs/replacements for the following brands:
Our comfort advisors at Southport Home Services are committed to working with you to figure out your heating needs and recommend the ideal heating system within your budget. However, one of the best ways to get the most out of any system is by joining our Southport Club Maintenance Program. Joining the Southport Club will give you a 15% discount on all repairs, as well as priority service when we’re swamped with calls. Our regular maintenance tune-ups ensure that your heating system reaches its full potential, saving you time and money tied to expensive repairs. And our Southport Home Services technicians are also available to take care of your heating needs—day and night—with 24-hour emergency service! Keep reading for helpful maintenance tricks you can do on your own, and make sure to hire Southport to get the most out of your heating system.
To help maintain your heating system and save money, you should:
- Find potential problem areas: Many homeowners think drafts only occur near doors and windows, but that's not entirely true. Drafts can happen in the attic, in the basement, cracks, crevices, and even through power outlets.
- Close the doors: The air pressure in your hallway could be different than the pressure in your bedroom. Close the doors and windows to ensure the room is pressurized and remains warm.
- Light a candle: Once you find a potential draft, light a candle and see what happens. Cold air is denser than warm air, and will expand into warmer rooms. As this pressure change occurs, air will cause the flame to flicker. Use this as a sort of compass to identify the cause of the draft.
- Fix the draft: Drafts around holes in exterior walls (like the drain under the sink) can be plugged with expanding foam. Plug holes around power outlets with a store-bought foam backing. A drafty window might just need to be locked, and your doors may need new weather stripping.
- Wear layers: It might sound silly, but simply wearing a sweater can help you resist the urge to turn up the thermostat and help save you money over the winter.
- Lock your windows: Locking your windows helps to create the tightest seal possible, and minimizes the potential for warm air to escape.
- Keep your curtains closed at night: During the night, closing your curtains forms an additional insulating barrier that keeps warm air in and cold air out.
- Keep your curtains open during the day: During the day, opening your curtains allows the sun to heat the air in your home, minimizing the amount of work your furnace has to do.
- Keep your chimney closed: Warm air escapes up through your chimney. Keep the flue closed to keep warm air from leaking out.
- Check and change your air filter regularly: By checking your air filters regularly, usually once a month, you will be able to save money on system operation costs, and enjoy cleaner, less stale air throughout your house.
- Install a programmable thermostat: Programmable thermostats allow you to regulate room temperatures according to use. Set temperatures at the lowest level comfortable to save money during the winter, when your heating bill will inevitably go up.
- Use exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms intelligently: By turning the exhaust fans in your kitchen and bathrooms off when they are no longer needed, you’ll be able to boost your heating system’s energy-efficiency.
Commercial HVAC Systems in Wisconsin
In addition to home furnace repair, Southport is proud to offer commercial heating installation, maintenance, and repair in Wisconsin. Our team of engineers can repair commercial HVAC systems, install rooftop HVAC units, and design industrial HVAC systems for businesses in Wisconsin. Our handiwork can be seen on industrial buildings across the state. While we install brand new Carrier rooftop HVAC units, our fully licensed and insured technicians have the expertise to service rooftop units made by a variety or brands. Contact our commercial HVAC contractors at Southport today, and give your business the heating service it needs.